Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thinkfinity day

So today was just chalk full of excellent resources!
Thinkfinity is such a great resource! I wonder if I ever would have stumbled apon it if I was searching for lesson plans on the internet. I feel like I wouldn't have... Good thing I'm in this class! It will be really beneficial for my classes if I use some of the activities and lessons. Intel also has a lot of great stuff.
Really need to work on the group podcast!

6 comments:

  1. I have found sites comparable to this on my own, just searching randomly for sites concerning my subject matter. Its hit or miss though. At least with Thinkfinity and Intel the concentrate the good stuff in one spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more, Thinkfinity is loaded with solid lesson plans. Some of them will need to be adapted and modified, but it's a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know the content is good and in a safe environment for the students and staff. You spent a lot of time sitting today so I'm glad it held your interest. Happy podcasting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking the same thing! If I had googled a lesson plan on a certain subject, I don't think thinkfinity would have come up and I would have settled for something less interesting and engaging. I am so glad we were introduced to this website!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though it is possible to find lesson plans and other resources on your own, sites like thinkfinity allow you to have a more concentrated search so that you can find exactly what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ill be honest, I dont think I would have ever found a site like this on my own but to hear that other people have is very encouraging for me. Im so glad that we were exposed to this site and the idea that there are resources out there to help us. As I go through the school of education I realize just how tall the task of being a teacher is but so Im glad there are easily accessible places for help.

    ReplyDelete