Monday, February 23, 2009

smarttt day

I had soooooo much fun playing and learning how to use the smart board!!! As a teacher I really hope that I have access/a smartboard in my classroom because I will definitely take advantage of it. It is an awesome resource for the students.
Really mad and annoyed that the N drive ruined my group project. And I'm really frustrated that I have to re-do it. Oh well... I am looking foward to listening to the other group projects. So that's what I'm going to do right now.

1 comment:

  1. I hate the N drive, too, Danielle--I totally don't trust it.
    With regard to your podcast, I thought the idea of using Obama for the cross-disciplinary requirement was brilliant! I like how you juxtaposed the MLK speech with Obama's. During Andrea's segment, I at first couldn't understand what the music clip had to do with Obama, but by the end, when I heard Obama's name clearly in the lyrics, I made the connection. I understand Spanish minimally, and for a non-fluent student, it might have been helpful to mention what the song was about. I also think maybe the music could have been a little lower while you were speaking over it, it was a little hard to hear what you were saying. I did like learning about the Hispanic perspective on the election-- I think it was grossly under-represented during the campaign.
    Cheryl, I liked your commentary about what it was like on the New Paltz campus on election night. It would have been great if you could have spliced in some comments from college students in other schools--what was going on nationwide that night? I enjoyed the podcast, sorry it was such a technical hassle!

    ReplyDelete