Thursday, April 23, 2009
Wrap uP
So today was the last real class because next week we are going to a workshop type lecture. Today we learned a new way of using the Intel website, the "Showing Evidence Tool" and it is a fabulous resource. I can definetly see my self using it in my classroom. It is a great way of teaching students how to write essays and is a great tool to help them develop their skills. I would even like to use the application every time I assign an essay. We also learned about Wordle which looks really interesting and cool, I'm sure my students would love that. We also made our last remarks, our reaction to the class. And my final conclusion is that I think I deserve more then 3 credits for this class. Haha I am really glad that I have been working on my Google SketchUp for so long because I would have never finished it otherwise. Now I have to start working on my Electronic porfolio which is also probably going to take a lot of time. But it seems like it is going to be an awesome resource to bring into an interview, I feel like having it would put me above other canidates in the interview process. I really hope that I have the opportunity to use it. So- this class has been really challenging, but I guess I have to respect that because I know that as a teacher I am going to be really challenging as well. I do appreciate the education that I got in this class, I am so much more technology literate now and it feels great. I have already noticed how beneficial it is to know all about and how to use these programs. But I hope my knowledge lasts, i can see it being outdated within 5 years if not sooner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It is not the specific knowledge that I hope you will take from the class but the way to use the tools to enhance learning. Whatever the new tools are, my hope is that you will have background knowledge to pick them up quickly and you will look at the content first and plan from there. Give students a voice to share their knowledge with the outside world.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are able to share your knowledge with others.