The lecture given by Nick Donofrio was interesting but very vague as I find most lectures these days to be. It was very exciting to meet some one of his caliber and he was a great speaker but I didn't gain much insight to help me be a better teacher... I think that he was trying to stress what we've been learning this entire semester in class, that we need to prepare our students for the 21st century. Unforuntely he didn't give us any examples or ideas. Basically I think that we can seriously help our students by teaching them how to think and expanding their horizons. Teaching them that they need to think, create, invent, inspire, etc. Which is what I plan on doing anyway... Can't wait to be a teacher!!! :)
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree - the speaker was great as far as being dynamic and interesting, but short on real ideas. Probably because he's an engineer - not a teacher. He identified a lot of issues, and what needs to be done but not how to accomplish it.
ReplyDelete